Wednesday, March 12

No Mom, I don't want to vote for Hillary!! and you can't make me...

For feminists this choice between Obama and Clinton comes with extra questions.
Mainly, for me, it has been a re-evaluation of what feminism means to me, and what it looks like in my life. There is a fabulous video interview on PBS with Letty Cottin Pogrebin and her daughter Abigail Cottin. Letty is a founder of Ms. magazine, and a Clinton supporter, and Abigail is a writer, and (surprise) an Obama mama.
Their discussion resonates with me for reasons I will go into at a later date.
I will say quickly, that while this election has shown a bright light on the sexism in this country which is real, my lack of support for Hillary has to do with her as an individual, not as a woman. I disagree with Letty in the video saying you have to choice hope or experience, seeing as the two have a similar amount of experience, all though Hillary is claiming more.
time for bed, sweet dreams, web friends
Seeing as it is Women's History Month, watch for more tid-bits in that vein.

No comments:

A little poetry, a little art, and a lot of random.