Monday, September 22

Hello Sweet Fall

Yesterday was the Fall Equinox and I had a wonderful day celebrating it. I went Agape with my sister, and then we went to the farmers market with my hubby, then I went to The Global Mala Project, and participated in 108 sun salutations with hundreds of others. And! what a blessing, I got to see Andrew Harvey speak (along with others). He shakes the ground with his passion. I was transfixed. His calling is one of Sacred Activism, and is the clarification to a lot of things that I have been struggling with for the last 3 years. Thank you new teacher! about him(from his website):
At the age of 21, he became the youngest person ever to be awarded a fellowship to All Soul’s College, England’s highest academic honor....has taught at Oxford University, Cornell University, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, The California Institute of Integral Studies, and the University of Creation Spirituality as well as the at various spiritual centers throughout the United States. He was the subject of the 1993 BBC film documentary The Making of a Modern Mystic and appears also in Rumi Turning Ecstatic and The Consciousness of the Christ: Reclaiming Jesus for A New Humanity.
Andrew Harvey is Founder Director of the Institute of Sacred Activism


"A spirituality that is only private and self-absorbed, one devoid of an authentic political and social consciousness, does little to halt the suicidal juggernaut of history. On the other hand, an activism that is not purified by profound spiritual and psychological self-awareness and rooted in divine truth, wisdom, and compassion will only perpetuate the problem it is trying to solve, however righteous its intentions. When, however, the deepest and most grounded spiritual vision is married to a practical and pragmatic drive to transform all existing political, economic, and social institutions, a holy force - the power of wisdom and love in action - is born. This force I define as Sacred Activism."

- Andrew Harvey

Another highlight?? Om Namah Shivaya sung over and over and mixed with others by the always lovely Donna De Lory....
I didn't realize until I got home that she's this Donna.....
So I am having a post event fan freak out!! She was right there! Right in front of me! Did I tell ya'll that I am going to MADONNA with my friend Peter? won't be the same with out donna and nikki, but somehow I will make it through;)
I hope everyone is enjoying the fall! It is my favorite season.
peace and love!

No comments:

A little poetry, a little art, and a lot of random.