Tuesday, September 9

Last night we went to the fancy-smancy Bel Air Hotel to celebrate the birthday of our dear friend Cristy Thom. I wanted to post a quick note about how amazing this woman is! Cristy will be having a show in November of her paintings and it is not to be missed.
I will post the gallery information when it is closer to the time, but until then, check out some of her work.
My favorites?


But really, I can't narrow it down, and there will be new stuff that is not on her site. I can hardly wait!
Speaking of art, we went to a show at the lovely Cella Gallery in NoHo on Friday. Edward Walton Wilcox(I want I want I want the Mao Panda piece!!) and Stephan Canthal are incredible. Stephan prints his photography on brushed aluminum which shows so much stronger in person then on the web site.I love the train tracks one.
My hubby, W.B. Fontenot, will be showing at the Cella in February.
check out these artist, get inspired, go create beauty in this world...have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey me again. I just tried to look at Barry's site and could not get any of the paintings to load. It just shows a white bar. Is that just my lame computer?

A little poetry, a little art, and a lot of random.