Friday, October 24

I was very upset today to find out that one of the main driving forces behind this Prop 8 initiative is the LDS church. First, I was upset because when I was a member of the church I was so proud of the fact that the church kept out of politics, never endorsing ballet measures or politicians. It meant that I could worship along side others with the gospel as our main concern. Unlike other religions, I admired that it was left up to individuals to make choices on how to believe when it came to matters of evolution, science, politics, etc. Something that wasn't an option in other strict christian churches. Of course most Mormons are Republicans and conservatives, but it wasn't a requirement nor a topic with in church classes and meetings. Outside of the church walls it could be ( and often was)a conversation with friends and fellow members, and at the time I would have loved to have resources like this...and this
But my heart sunk at the thought of politicized sacrament meetings and those who opposed Prop 8 being compared to "Satan's minions"
Then I found this, and it reminded me of the things I did love about the church. How brave these folks are....
http://mormonsformarriage.com/



No comments:

A little poetry, a little art, and a lot of random.